31 August 2006

Catch Up Time




Before the shave











After the shave...











Ever tried using a keyboard with a cat on your lap who insists on giving your hands either a playful swat or a head rub? I tell you now, it's not easy! Well we've had our first week at home and things are not the same as they were before. For one thing, Oscar seems to think that his new hair cut gives him privileges he's never had before. Like sitting on me whenever I sit down, or staying outside for all hours of the night, not to mention yowling at me at every opportunity. However, I do have my theories on this behaviour. 1. He sits on my lap because he's cold. 2. He stays out because he can and 3. He yowls at me because deep down he blames me for going off and leaving him in hospital. Make sense? I reckon so.

* * * *
Tomorrow my brother and sister-in-law arrive. It was Adrea's 60th birthday on Tuesday so this is her birthday present from Colin, 10 days in Australia. They have been up to Fraser Island (the largest sand island in the world) staying at the Kingfisher Resort. On the Wednesday they did the all day four wheel drive around the island and then yesterday (Wednesday) they went out whale watching all day. I hope they saw plenty of whales - they should have since it is the season for them. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and tomorrow I'm having a bit of a "do" with family and close friends. That means today, I have been shopping, cooking and cleaning my butt off!
However, it has been raining cats and dogs (thank God) which we are very grateful for (Tammy's been raindancing again - damn, she's good!), but tomorrow I would really, really like it to be fine (are you listening, Himself in Heaven and Tammy?). I wish to do some laundry and because I only have a small place, we would like to eat out on the patio - it would be a bit of a squash inside. Thank you.
Isn't it funny how things happen all at once. Next week I will be working in the city for the whole week to cover for holiday leave (that's going to be a shock to the system!). So I sent a message to that effect to the operations manager of the company for which I do work at home, also mentioning that I wouldn't be around much over the next couple of days because of my visitors. I was very politely told that my timing really sucks. Apparently two of the QA people are going away for the weekend, they have five new typists and a heap of new clients! Oops.
We are having a State election on 09 September and as usual, all the parties were sledging one another. However just on the news, we have heard that the opposition leader's father-in-law has died so the "negative" commercials from both parties have been withdrawn from TV. Why does it have to take something like this to stop the negativity? Ok, that's enough, I won't get on my high horse...
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I shall probably blog again on Sunday - no promises though...
Love and blessings to you all.

8 comments:

rel said...

Robyn,
Sounds as if your going to be quite busy.
Glad to hear Osacr is readjusting well and taking every advantage of your guilt complex. lol ;-)
rel

TJ said...

Now wishing you Rainbow's and Sunshine while blowing a kiss....couldn't have you all squished up now could we??
:-D
thanks so much for the comment you left me...I had no idea what Maori was...so I Googled it...what a proud, beautiful, people...what a skanky woman for saying what she said!!!
Have a great time!!!

Lee said...

I think Oscar is trying to tell you he likes his new 'fur' cut and all the 'ladies of the night' like the new Oscar as well! ;)

Pear tree cottage! said...

I am so pleased to see Oscar home it must be so good to ahve him back and well.

Yes it looks like he is taking you on a very good guilt trip and expecting you to do for him day and night.

I do hope your busy weekend is a lot of fun.
see you again soon

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hmmmm, Oscar is sure playing up to the fact that he thinks you should feel guilty for putting him through everything he's been through !!! He looks so "neat & tidy" with his buzz cut, but his normal fur is so pretty. It's funny how we let our kitties get away with stuff, isn't it ... it's only cause we love 'em !!
Hope the rain stops ... send it down here ... we really need it, too.
Have a wonderful time with your family.
Take care, Meow

Carole Burant said...

I think you're right when you say Oscar blames you for leaving him at the hospital and that's why he's acting a bit out of character! Friends of mine left their dog in a kennel for 2 weeks while they went away on holidays and now that they are back home, their dog won't get off their lap! lol I guess scared they're going to leave him again. They have such characters don't they!! I hope your gathering tomorrow goes well and that the weather cooperates..as you know, I'm planning a surprise party for my mom on Sunday...expecting about 60 people...and yup, now they're saying rain for Sunday! Aaarrgggghhhhhhh!!!!

Merle said...

Hello Robyn ~~Thank you for your kind words in Comments. I appreciate all the lovely messages and thoughts you and others have sent me.
I hope you enjoy having your brother and SIL for a visit and the weather
is nice. Take care, Robyn,Hugs,Merle

DellaB said...

I think perhaps it's not to give you a guilt trip at all, it's just that he loves you and missed you and perhaps feels a little insecure?

As for staying outside - is he old enough to be having a mid-life crisis? He has to tell you he is having a good time somehow - he cannot get a porsche or a harley, now can he?

Please pass Birthday Wishes to your sister, tell her we said Hi from over here at turningsixty...