15 May 2007

I've been tagged


I have been tagged by Meeyauw.

Here are the rules:

Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. (Cats who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names.) Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!Here are my seven random facts:

I spent the night in gaol in the early 70s.
I adore smoked oysters
I love watching Home and Away (Please don't hold that against me)
I'm a closet award winning author (I wish)
I love broccoli
I don't like pears.
I'm allergic to marriage

I guess I was a bit of a wild child in my youth...age has tempered that. But I was protesting over the Vietnam War...a good reason to protest and it was peaceful. It was a "sit in" and we didn't fight against being arrested...we just...sat. Actually the coppers weren't too bad, I think they felt the same way, but they had a job to do.

Now I tag:

1. Lee
2. Merle
3. Jeanette
4. Meow
5. Pea
6. Peter
7. Rel
* * * * * *

I had a really strange day yesterday. As you may remember, I'm doing a full time stint while my colleague is enjoying herself in England and France. Well, about 10.00 am yesterday my mobile rings. On the other end is the practice manager from an orthopaedic clinic I used to work at about four years ago. I had said that I would be available to fill in if they wanted...so she rang yesterday with a story of staff on leave, work piling up and could I help them out? Of course I had to tell her I was working full time for the next few weeks. Her next question...could I work in the weekends?
I ask you...I'm doing 8 hours a day, five days a week, plus two hours travelling a day and my weekends are now being poached? I don't think so. Anyway, I told her I'd think about it. I've thought...and I'll do it for $50 per hour. If they're that desperate they'll pay me, otherwise? Well I don't really care...heheheh!

8 comments:

Gattina said...

I think 500 $ per hour would be justified in your case, then you could consider it, lol ! No, stay home and enjoy your week end. Oscar needs company the poor thing !
I hope you didn't calm down too much ! I think I didn't but I think a little more ! Experience, experience, which you don't have when you just climbed out of the eggshell. With what I am today I would never have been to Sicily and had all these adventures (don't know if you read it it's on my Writer Cramps)and that would really be a pity. But I still have the tendency to jump first and think after !
My cats have been tagged, but I only choose Pookie otherwise I will be busy with this tag stuff and have no time to write anything else .

Peter said...

Hi Robyn, The only random thing you get to know about me is that I don't do memes, just repeat it 7 times and you have my meme answer.

Carole Burant said...

I just did this meme a couple of weeks ago but I'm sure I can come up with another 7 random things about me! lol I'll get to it as soon as I can! I enjoyed your answers...glad you explained about the night in jail thing cuz I was going to ask you about that! lol I'll be curious to find out if you will take on that job for the weekend! lol xoxo

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I've missed Oscar but am no longer sick, well, at least no very. The Vet was great and she put me on the right path.
Love from Oscar the Puppy Cat.

Can we ever calm down to much? Yes. Is the wild spirit still with us? Yes, from time to time we think about it. We just know better now. Then we realize that maybe it's not so great to calm down completely. Relax, enjoy! Take some time for yourself!
Kim

Tammy said...

You go girl...$50 per hour sounds reasonable...teehee!!

Jellyhead said...

So you're an ex-jailbird, huh? ;)

I agree with gattina - ask for more!! Working 5 long days a week - those weekends are too precious.

Merle said...

Hi Robyn ~~You have sure been working hard. Will be interested to see if they came up with the $50 an hour!!!
Not too thrilled about the meme but will try to come up with some answers. Thanks for your visit.
Take care, my friend, Love
Merle.

Jeanette said...

Hi Robyn . good answers I hope I did ok my 1st meme or tag,