20 July 2008

A Lovely, Lazy Sunday

Today I had a "me" day. I slept until 7.30, then got up and fed the cats, made myself a cup of coffee and went back to bed to finish my book. I finally got out of bed at about 8.30, jumped in the shower and after making my bed, looked to see if I'd won Lotto...no such luck...sigh.

I wondered what to do with the rest of my day...I went shopping, what else? I had to go to the supermarket anyway...well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. On Friday I'd bought some Fillo pastry and decided to make a three cheese and spinach Fillo. I had the spinach and pastry but needed Ricotta and fetta cheeses, plus mint and parsley. Of course, while I was at the shopping centre I had a good look around.

I was looking for some new cushions to put on the lounge. The ones I've got are okay, but I'd like something a bit brighter. However, I tramped all around Grand Plaza and couldn't find anything I liked. I was also looking for lavender sheets and doona sets, but nothing there, either. Nothing for it...I'll have to go further afield. Oh dear, too bad, never mind. Ikea or Pillow Talk are bound to have something. I'll try them next. Loooove that Pillow Talk shop...so easy to spend money there.

I had lunch, a delicious toasted Spanish breakfast (yeah, I know, it was lunch) wrap. It had scrambled egg, red onion, spinach, capsicum and tomato in a wrap and was soooo delicious. A cup of coffee to finish off and I was refreshed and ready to continue.

There were sales galore and believe or not, summer stuff was out. It's only July for heaven's sake. But worse, KMart had some Christmas stuff out. Now that is just totally ridiculous!

I did think of getting a DVD or two but again, couldn't find anything that took my fancy. I ended up getting a pretty lacy chemise plus a couple of pairs of knickers. Very interesting, I'm sure.

I was obviously in a very picky mood today. Oh well, I saved myself a heap of money!

Have a good week and be nice to each other.

19 comments:

Merle said...

Dear Robyn ~~ Good to see you out shopping, so you must be feeling a
little better, which is great.
Sorry you couldn't find what you're looking for, but you will in the end.
Thanks for your comment and glad you liked Benny on the Bus. Should be more like him. Glad you had some pleasant friendly bus rides with ppl
chatting. You would be most welcome to come to my place for a meal any
time. Take care, Love, Merle.

Gattina said...

Looks like a day of a happily retired person, lol ! The shops are getting crazier each year. It's mid July and we see winter coats here for the "new" collection ! People are getting angry when they see Christmas stuff in October but in July that's totally idiotic !

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn..
Sounds like you had a fab day!
Sorry to hear about the mite problem. I can sympathise though as we have had 'itchy hair' for the past week or so. Just thinking about the little buggers make me want to scratch.
I'm not sure if it will help you but we use tea tree oil as it is a natural insecticide. We water it down in a spray bottle. It works but I forgot to wash all the hats too. We share hats in our house.. though I will be rethinking that one. I'm sure I got all the eggs out. Ugh! (scratch scratch)
Much love xox

Peter said...

Hi Robyn, no I haven't been avoiding you, despite the itches and risk of contamination, I've been busy on the computer with a time consuming program... nearly finished... phew!!!

Karen said...

Does the fact that you went shopping mean you are out of your self imposed quarantine? How is the itching now?

Re the shopping...do you ever notice that we always see all the things we'd like to buy when we don't have the money and when we do, all the right purchases are scarce....sigh.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You know that I have never been in an Ikea store!! We don't have one and so guess that would be why!! I have heard so many people talk about them though. Maybe someday!!
Sounds like you had a great day to yourself. Some days you just have to do that...Hope today is treating you well. I am just washing these dirty clothes. Sandy

Liz Hinds said...

That's the sort of thing I do: decide to make apple and raspberry crumble cos I've got everything but i just need to pop out and get the apples and raspberries!

Now you can treat yourself with all the money you saved.

Deana said...

I just hate it when Christmas things come out so early. I have seen Halloween around here but no Christmas yet. At 98 degrees it is the last thing I want to think about.

catsynth said...

Sounds like a relaxing day.

I am not fond of Christmas stuff coming out in the summer, either. I want to enjoy summer, and don't even want to think about winter stuff.

Gledwood said...

You're making me feel hungry... I was reading Barbara Taylor Bradford at the weekend, who doesn't half hammer on about food when she does mention it... she gave me the most unutterable craving for Welsh Rarebit and yet I was too broke... I had to go out buy bread, cheese, Utterly Butterly and Branston's Sandwich Pickle 1st thing the very next morning!

Many thanks for your comment left on yesterday's (that is Monday 21.7.8) post...

;->...

Anonymous said...

I guess a nice south cooking with my prefered ingredients!

Mountain Mama said...

Some shopping days are like that. Nothing grabs you. At least you saved some money, as you say.
Your breakfast/lunch sounds interesting.
I have just been doing fruit for breakfast lately, and usually don't eat that until around noon. I'm not much for breakfast usually.

Liz Hinds said...

Right, now you have to tell us about how you met Cliff!

Walker said...

Woo Hoo you made spanakopites. ;)

Me days are great if you can get one in not that i can have one unless the phone company goes on strike.

I hoper you find what you're looking for but i think the adventure for you is just going out to look around

Jeanette said...

Hi Robyn. Sounds like you had a very restful start to your day.
Somedays I can brouse allday in the shops and not find a thing to show for my day when I return home.
Hope your Itching has stopped ...

Merle said...

Hi again Robyn ~~ Thanks for your
comments and I am glad you liked the Helen Steiner Rice poem. She wrote some lovely poems. Glad you enjoy the jokes. Take care, Love, Merle.

DellaB said...

Hi Robyn.. sounds like an ideal day. Free time in bed with a book.

When I shop, it's into the supermarket with a list, and eyes down as I walk through the mall, so the days I am actually 'shopping' for something other than food, I really enjoy the browsing bit, sounds like you do too!

I've learned too, over the years, when I see something I really like, I buy it... so many times I have had second thoughts and gone back to get something, only to find it gone.

Do you ever have a look in Loot? I've been tempted in there more than once...

:-)
Della

Anonymous said...

What a great idea: A Me Day and if you do it right, you can even save some money - sounds like a perfect day to me :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. Nermal and I will try and get some of that :) You gave me a craving for a Spanish breakfast wrap....