04 September 2010

Facebook..grrrr!

Facebook is a pain in the arse!  I decided to open a Facebook account/page/wall...whatever.  What a piece of work that was.

To cut a long story short...I needed to enter my mobile phone number (I really don't like that at all, but without it I can't get onto the damn site).  So I did that, received a confirmation email with a verification code which I duly entered as requested...only to be told that someone else has my phone number!  Now that's one hell of a worry.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Facebook can get stuffed.  I was on it last year (and no, I never put my mobile number on) and ended up with a virus, so I guess I'm being told something.

Just thought I'd have a bit of a rant...

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I agree. I don't think it is safe, nor do I see the appeal of it. I prefer old fashioned emails!

Jack K. said...

Ranting is good. It keeps the blood pressure under control.

Now go look for and experience some very positive, loving things. You know, like a couple of cats.

Carole Burant said...

When I joined Facebook I was never asked for my mobile phone number, if they had I wouldn't have joined! lol I can understand why you're so frustrated about it. I enjoy it but the darn games get too addictive! OY! It really is a shame that you've had trouble with it twice now so as you say, I guess it's telling you something. lol xoxo

Unknown said...

Is there something different about Facebook on your side of the globe? I've been Facebooking a long time and have never been asked/required to enter my mobile phone number. I hope you didn't get scammed by some FB hanger-on!

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Very annoying indeed! Me neither had to enter any phone number when reg. I don't trust anything on the internet that much and certainly not FB....

The Chair Speaks said...

Was never asked for mobile phone number when I joined facebook. Anyway my mobile phone is such a dinosaur that can only make/receive calls and send/receive short messages and nothing else! LOL!

Alice said...

I wasn't asked for mobile number either, but I don't really like Facebook. I mostly only use it to see what the family is up to....lol, although they don't use it much anyway. It seems to have a lot of hiccups as far as I can see.

Walker said...

I don't use it other than to play a few games.
I know its the big thing but I have enough with msn and yahoo to keep me busy without having to deal with people i haven't heard from him 40 years.
There has to be a reason we haven't kept in touch all this time ;)

Gattina said...

I haven't seen this post, but I agree with you I had to become member of Facebook because my son had published his photos from Iceland there. After a week or so I suddenly had about 100 people who wanted to be my friends !
I go never there anymore ! and I don't answer anything either. My son doesn't use it anymore either !