20 August 2006

Oscar

Poor Oscar is very sick with a respiratory infection. I had him at the vet yesterday and he had an injection and I was given some antibiotic tablets for him. It came on so suddenly, I first thought he had something stuck in his throat but that wasn't so, it was an infection.

However, at 5 this morning, I really thought I was going to lose him as his breathing was so bad. It was loud enough to wake me. As you can imagine, I have been in lots of tears over my beautiful puss.

Anyway, it now appears that he has turned the corner, albeit very slowly. His breathing seems to be a little better. What is worrying me now though, is that he will not drink. He hasn't drunk or eaten anything for 48 hours. The not eating I can understand, but I am worried sick about him not drinking. I took him a bowl of fresh water but he just turned his head away, so I'm not sure what to do. I can only hope now that with the antibiotics kicking in, he will feel better enough later on today to have some water.

Thank you for letting me go on about my lovely companion. I will let you know how he gets on.

Robyn

No comments: