07 April 2007



My dear friend, Early Bird, has named me as one of five for this award. She said some lovely things about my blog, generous friend that she is.

However, these things are ongoing and it is my turn to nominate five blogs for this award. So my five are - ta dah!
1. Kitchen C0nnection (http://kitconn.blogspot.com/), a blog written by a lady who has done a lot with her life and writes so well about it. She loathes snakes, loves chocolate and has two cats that rule her life. A blog worth visiting for the quality of the writing, especially her Normanton Island series, well worth reading. She can be controversial, strong minded but always, always interesting.
2. Holtie's House (http://holtieshouse.blogspot.com/). Here's a true blue Aussie guy who grew up on the land. He has written a wonderful series about his father, titled "I Could Write a Book", a fascinating glimpse into the past of Australia. He can be naughty and nice, silly and serious and I think blogging runs in the family, as his sister has a very popular blog and she is:

3. Third Try (http://merle-3rdtimelucky.blogspot.com/). This lady can make you laugh with the jokes she posts and cry with her stories of life. She loves gardening and regularly makes trips to Bunnings, the staff of which welcome her with open arms because they know she can't resist buying plants for her garden. She tells of her family, mentions her brother occasionally (whom I nominated above) and has now learnt the art of posting photos on her blog, so we will get to put faces to names.

4. The Life of Riley (http://www.allaboutolive.com.au/). This lady is 107 years old and that alone makes her blog worthy of a visit. She doesn't actually type but narrates her stories to her helper who posts them for her. You want history? This lady has it in spades. She is a real Aussie character and that shines through in her posts. She has fans all over the world and you will be able to see why.

5. TurningSixty (http://www.turningsixty.com.au/tsblog/). Here's a lady who doesn't let the grass grow under her feet. Another Aussie who gives an interesting insight on turning sixty. We read about her errant bush turkey, her family and her views on whatever gets her going...good and bad. She has, in the last few days, been to a Blues and Roots Festival, kicking up her heels with the best of them. A very lively lady who writes a pretty lively blog.

So there you have five interesting (I think) blogs. Enjoy and happy reading.

* * * * *

Today is Easter Saturday and I had to go to Grand Plaza, which I didn't particularly want to do as it would probably be packed with wall to wall people. To my relief it wasn't that bad, so I was able to whip in and out without too much difficulty. I even managed to get a carpark close to where I had to go. That done, I came home and had a nana nap. I woke refreshed and decided to read the blogs I'd neglected over the last couple of days. Looked at the time...goodness me, wine o'clock! Carried on catching up with my blog reading fortified by a glass of wine.

Jane came over about half-an-hour ago asking if I'd had dinner. I hadn't and she had brought over some salmon pie that she had left over from dinner. It couldn't be reheated, so I very gratefully took it off her hands. Mmmmm...delicious. Thanks Jane.

I got my new digital camera and printer dock set up this afternoon, also. Tomorrow I shall, hopefully, post some pics...if they're good enough, that is. Not sure what my photo taking abilities will be like with one of these things.

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend.

14 comments:

Lee said...

Hey! That was very nice of you to mention my blog, Robyn. I appreciate your doing so. Thank you very much! :)

On the subject of "cats", Shama has taken up residence on my lap at the moment. I really do think I'm going to have to get her her own laptop! ;)

I've set my alarm clock for "wine o'clock" tomorrow at 11.30am when my visitors arrive for lunch. I've got champagne and white wine chilling and red wine ready whenever I am! ;)

I hope you have a great Easter Sunday...and thanks again. :)

Peter said...

Hi Robyn, now I feel awful for blackmailing you into that lovely photo, thank you very much for the nomination to the thinking blogger.
Now can you please tell me what it's all about, what do I need to do, apart from I guess nominating 5 more blogs???

Liz Hinds said...

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend, Robyn!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you liked the award, and so quick to "pay it forward"!!
I'll have to check out some of these bloggers you've mentioned!

Mountain Mama said...

I don't have time to check out the blogs you named, but hope to get to them next week.
Have a blessed Easter.

Granny said...

Congratulations to you!! I know most of your nominees and I'll check out the one that I haven't met yet.

Already Easter where you are. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny said...

I deleted the offending comment which should confuse you even more.

I think I need a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm that salmon pie sounds goooud! Congrats on the nomination I hope you win :) And a very Happy Easter to you and Oscar, God bless you both :) Thanks for the good wishes for my exam I know it helped me :) Take care from me and Nermal, and enjoy your weekend and the cooler weather!

Carole Burant said...

Congrats on the award dear Robyn, very well deserved:-) Just a quick visit to wish you and yours a very Happy Easter:-) I have my boys and Wendy here this weekend so it's been busy! xoxo

rel said...

Robyn,
Happy Easter to you!
I will definitely check out the three nomnees of yours that I haven't met yet.
Tell me more about the salmon pie.
ie: how to prepare it.
thanks,
rel

Hootin Anni said...

What wonderful things to say about your friends' blogs!!

Hope your Easter was a blessed one.

Happy Monday.

Jellyhead said...

Hi Robyn, thanks for coming and visiting my blog, and saying hello. I didn't realise we were fellow Aussies until I came to your blog (g'day!)

Hope your Easter was a lovely break, and that it hasn't been too traumatic going back to work today!

:) Jellyhead

Merle said...

Hi Robyn ~~ I am just home and will get back to you all tomorrow.
Thanks for the Thinking Blogger bit and your kind words. Thanks also for the nice things you send. I save some, have posted some before etc.
But it is nice of you to send so many. Have missed you all. Take care,
Love, Merle.