29 May 2007

Rain!


Hey, hey, hey...guess what? We got rain here today. I was very excited at work when I went on the Met Bureau's site and looked at the radar. It was raining at my place! And...and, it also rained at the train station where I drive each morning. My car's parked there all day and today it rained. It looks like a new car! The rain must have been pretty heavy to get all the dirt off...(blush). But my little Getz is lovely and white again.
Wacol (where I catch the train) is so dusty and I believe less rain falls in that area than anywhere else. So leaving my car there all day, even two days a week, means that I have to wash the dust off the windscreen and then there are muddy streaks where the wipers don't reach! Plus at home I only have a carport rather than a garage and because it's been so dry, there's another layer of dust. What's the point of washing the car??


Anyway, I'm sure that because of the lack of dirt, my car was lighter to drive tonight (and it went faster, too!...oops). I was on the motorway but even though I was doing 110 kph at one stage, people were passing me...the speed limit is 100 kph. I don't usually do above the speed limit and find when I'm on the motorway or freeway, it's so easy to creep up over the limit.


However, I do not want a speeding fine so I do keep within the legal limit...usually. I remember a couple of years ago...again when I was working full time covering for holiday leave...for a week there were coppers everywhere I went, pointing radar guns at me. It got to the point I was starting to take it personally! Especially since I hadn't seen any sign of police for the previous 18 months. Actually thinking about that, it's probably about time they'll be on my route home any time now. That's all right, I've paid my registration and I will keep within the speed limit.


It's getting closer to the weekend and my stint of full time work ends on Friday week...you'll hear me yelling "woohoo" for sure.

16 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Robyn ~~ Glad to hear you are a law-abiding driver, most of the time.You will be glad to finish this lot of work. Thanks for your comments.I have had a great weekend with all my visitors and grand=dogs. All gone now so all on my own, a bit tired but enjoyed it all. I only eat Macca's hot cakes too, and not often.
Bunnings is a tempting place to visit, so just as well I don't get there too often. It's raining here tonight and I am glad you and your car got some rain. Take care, Robyn
Love, Merle.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

I can relate to the dirty car thing !! Our restrictions forbid us to wash our cars, unless in a commercial car wash. doesn't bother me, I hate washing my car, anyway. I reckon a little dirt stops it rusting LOL.
Hey, I've heard of Wacol ... isn't there a PMP Print place there ?? That's where my hubby works here in Melbourne.
Take care, Meow

Peter said...

Hi Robyn, my white Forrester is still grubby after the trip to the west,(double blush) but that doesn't stop it from performing well so who cares.
Re previous post, I thought they were the naughties and wondered why my life had been so pure, with your spelling it becomes clear.

Tammy said...

This is a thing I never understand here in the USA...the coppers are out on holiday's in mass...I mean is that the only time people speed???
:)

Anonymous said...

I'd be excited about the rain too...we need it so badly here.

Mountain Mama said...

I'm so glad the rain has finally come. Where I live we get a lot of rain so it's hard to imagine having to do without.
My car needs a good wash too not from dust, but from pollen. The trees are finally slowing down in their pollenization so I can finally wash my car too. It is also white but has an ugly greenish tint right now.

Lee said...

I think your little car and mine would get on very well together, Robyn. Mine is a little Ford Festiva. It used to be white but now it's in camouflage! I don't feel so guilty now after reading your post. I guess one day soon I should wash my little chariot, though...as I feel a little guilty when I take him out to the shops! ;)

Unknown said...

Can you send some rain up to me? We’re at borderline drought level and the air pollution also needs to be washed out of the sky.

Carole Burant said...

Wonderful news that you're getting some rain!! There are campfire bans around here again due to lack of rain and the bush is so very dry. Not as dry as yours though, you guys really have gone through some awful draughts!! Good girl for heeding the speed limit...the coppers have caught me 3 times already...I think they know me by my first name now! hehe xoxo

rel said...

Robyn,
I've often said that lawmakers do their level best to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. Ie: speed limits on "Speedways", No cell phoneuse while driving, etc.
Pretty soon it'll be against the the law to be law-abiding. ;-)
rel

Jeanette said...

Yipppeeee We had a nice drop of rain here also. But now winter is upon us cold winds and now snowing in the mountains.

Liz Hinds said...

I washed Betty a few weeks ago and was amazed at how lovely she looked after. I resolved to do it more regularly ...

It is easy to exceed the speed limit. Especially when everyone is going fatser than you!

Good news about the rain. Hope you get lots of real downpours.

Anonymous said...

Rain in Queensland?? Isn't that where Brisbane is, Queensland??... I found you in Merle's links. Did you know she was only the SECOND Aussie blogger I've come across in SIX months of blogging? How bizarre is that. Half my family is Australian you see so the fact that I barely ever meet any online sticks out to me like a sore thumb ...
The FIRST Aussie blogger I read, btw was OLIVE the 107 year old lady, have you been there? Her site's amazing!!
Anyway just thought I'd say hi while I'm here. I'm at gledwood2.blogspot if you want to drop by. You're most welcome. See you later maybe. All the best
from
Gledwood "vol 2" ...

SnowWhite said...

Was nice to get the rain wasn't it, not too much over here at Logan reserve but enough to give the garden a drink lol, well it's fri and I bet your glad honey, enjoy your weekend and take care for now
xx
shona

Peter said...

You haven't been paying attention Robyn, I'm a Coprolite not a Laborite

Gledwood said...

Yeah I'd always kind of assumed Queensland was dry in the interior (as all Australia is) but pretty lush by the coast.

Brisbane is somewhere I fantasized about living when I was in my teens... I always wanted to "emigrate" ... due to a twist of fate I was born British not Australian (paperwork probs with emigrating - duh) ... many thanks for your message. I had a great time "hopping" last night ...