11 May 2009

Mother's Day 2009

A belated Happy Mother's Day to mothers all over the world. I hope everyone one of you had a beautiful day with your families.

I had a lovely day. My youngest daughter rang me, she didn't come over because she'd had a really nasty tooth extraction on the Friday (they had to cut the tooth up, cut the gum and put a collagen transplant in the resulting hole in the bone...it took two-and-a-half hours), and was still very sore and swollen...poor thing.

My eldest daughter, Toni, her husband, Darryl, and our little Cooper came over and I was totally spoilt, as you can see below.

A digital photo frame
Flowers, including gladioli (shades of Dame Edna Everage...helloooo possums!).

And a bottle of Queen Adelaide Chardonnay.
Later on Jane said they were having a barbecue, so between us we decided the menu. I made a salad, a fruit platter and had some banana bread which I also contributed. There were seven of us, not including the kids. They were having dinner in the tv room. We had a lovely time, lots of laughs and wittiscms...fueled by a glass or three of wine, and I eventually went home about 10 pm.

So that was Mother's Day 2009 for me and a most enjoyable day it was too.
The salad consisting of lettuce, capsicum cucumber, avocado, tomato and egg. I had also made a fruit platter but forgot to take a photo of it. I had covered an oven tray with alfoil and layered slices of watermelon, cantaloupe (rock melon), pineapple, mandarin and seedless grapes. It was very colourful and I can't believe I forgot to photograph it.


The banana bread, which was enjoyed by everyone. It had walnuts in it as well and a touch of nutmeg which made it a little different.

16 comments:

TorAa said...

What an exciting Mothers day. And present and food and wine (as useal).

We do not celebrate Mothers day like this in Norway

Our celeb this weekend was for my son's 40 years.

On Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=576932212&ref=name#/album.php?aid=94407&id=576932212

Also on my blog from Sunday

Angelo said...

Happy Mother's Day Robyn! Glad you had a great day, all those goodies look good, especially the edible ones :9

Jack K. said...

Great posting.

It is getting close to dinner time here and the photos are making my mouth water.

I will have to look for that brand of Chardonnay.

Obsidian Kitten said...

Happy Mother's Day!

What lovely flowers.

The food is making me hungry! lol

Ellen Whyte said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Where are the cats these days? Haven't seen you on COT in ages.

Gattina said...

so we both had a wonderful mother's day ! and we were also so lucky with the warm weather so that we could sit outside. in the afternoon some friends of my son showed up and we very a more than funny group, lol !

Hootin Anni said...

What a lovely celebration!!!! Got any more of that banana bread? To share? Come on....do ya?

Thank you kindly for dropping by and leaving your comment wishing Bud and me a happy anniversary. It meant a lot to me, truly. Happy Tuesday.

catsynth said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day.

Christine and FAZ said...

What a perfect day but (oops) I forgot it was mother's day in Oz, it's a different day over here. I better get on the phone right now ....

Irishcoda said...

Oh boy you had a lovely Mother's Day! Me too! Happy belated Mother's Day to you!!!

Jeanette said...

Gday Robyn, Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers day and the food looks so delicious.. Yummy.. I can see wine oclock happening..LOL

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You had a great mother's day!! Good for you..We were on the road traveling back from Illinois to Georgia...But now we have my parents here for a few months...
Thanks for stopping by..I am so so behind in reading blogs...Sandy

Liz Hinds said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's day!

The last time I made any sort of banana cake was just before i went down with a virus that made me throw up - and all I could taste was banana cake. I haven't made it since!

Your fruit platter sounds wonderful though.

RennyBA said...

A Mom like You deserves to be totally spoilt and the food looks great!

Chardonnay wine is one of my faves too :-)

Merle said...

Hi Robyn ~~ Yeah, I love Macca's Hot Cakes so we have that in common.
Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Mine was good too, even though Geoff didn't make it. A water hose on back of the washing machine broke so he had to turn back to try to save carpets etc.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Walker said...

Wow, you were spoiled and you deserve it.
All mothers do.