14 January 2009

An Award...and a Question

Thank you Carole at Pea's Corner for this award. After reading the criteria, I don't really think I deserve it, but I accept it with grateful thanks, anyway.

Here iz da rulz...

The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.
The Blog contents inspire; strive to encourage and offer solutions.
There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
The Blog is refreshing and creative.
The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:



1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.


2. The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.


3. Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or older Post to support.


4. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.


5. The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.

My blogger picks to receive this award are:

Merle at Third Try

Anni at Hootin' Anni's

Jelly at Jellyhead's Rambles

Nick at Nick's Bytes


Renny at RennyBA's Terella

I really believe that these five bloggers do fulfil the criteria for this award, which brings me to the question...

Who decides the awards and the criteria for them? Is it just some random individual who is doing a nice thing for Blogworld, or is there some invisible organisation with its offices in cyberspace, overlooking Blogworld and deciding to encourage us with awards as long as we fill the criteria set down? Can someone answer this for me, because I'm quite curious.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Robyn. I am most appreciative of this award. I shall do my best to live up to it.

(Alex says, "Purrrr."

Anonymous said...

I've often pondered on those questions myself Robyn.

Congratulations on this award. Whoever decides on them I'm glad you got this as it is richly deserved. Hugs.

Hootin Anni said...

Thank you so much!!! What an honor!! I'll put this up on my blog with pride. Again, thanks...you certainly made my day brighter.

[and thanks for stopping by for a visit with me yesterday...it's always a pleasure to have you for company.]

Merle said...

Dear Robyn ~~ Thank you so much for this lovely award. I will get to it
very soon. Glad you liked the Tragedy Kevin Rudd joke and also the ways to stay healthier insane.I had a great time with my cousins and they both enjoyed it as well. So I
can understand how you enjoyed catching up while in NZ. Take care my friend, and I am not sure I deserve this award, but many thanks for it. Love, Merle.

Gattina said...

You will all get wings and be angels with this award ! From now on you have to behave since you became noble ! Congratulations ! I fortunately still can write @#%*°# in my distinguished way !

TorAa said...

You are a clear Winner.
'No doubt, so no it's said

from up North

Carole Burant said...

You are more than welcome for the award, dear Robyn and YES you do deserve it!!! Don't give me no sass, you hear?! hehe

As for who decides the awards and such, I'm thinking it's just someone who comes up with them and attaches rules to them. Some of them make me scratch my head but most of them are lovely:-) xoxo

Peter said...

Re your question Robyn.... take special note of your last 4 words in this post, maybe not an answer, but it covers your query well I think.

Walker said...

Who cares who makes them?
What I want to know is which ones come with money HA HA HA!!!!!
Congratulations on getting the award and you do deserve it.
The people who make these awards are most likely to be individuals who have a respect for blogging to some extent and for those who give them the opertunity to share their lives.
Its a good way to sneaking freaken memes to other people.