15 July 2007

When Jane Attacked Me


It's so dry here that the humidity is very low...16 C and 25% relative humidity...and the static electricity is very high. I brush past something metallic and I get zapped; I go to open a window or door, I get zapped...even other people zap me. Take Friday night, f'instance.

Jane and I went to a linen evening...you know, something like a Tupperware party, only it's towels, sheets, pillows, etc. (Actually we went for the wine and nibbles...smirk.) Jacqui our front neighbour was hosting it and as it was a cold evening, she had the fire going...lovely. Jane and I sat at the back...at the bar. We were the "gallery" and announced that we could heckle as well if they wanted.

Anyway, the lady selling her stuff did her thing and handed various articles around for us to touch, sense, smell or taste (!) if we wanted to, then when that was all finished we were able to roam around and look for ourselves. Jane had picked something up...I can't remember what...and passed it to me to have a look. There was a zap and I leapt back as the electricity between us was pretty palpable. Everyone heard it and couldn't believe Jane was such a live wire. I backed off and kept well away from her after that.

Question: Is that what is meant when it's said that the air was electric between two people? I hope not. I love Jane very much...but not that way, she's not really my type.

8 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

I get zapped at the supermarket close to my house. Everything I touch shocks me and it hurts. Even when I wear rubber soled shoes.
I wish I knew why that happens.

Gattina said...

Lol ! I have this sometimes when I get out of my car don't know why as far as I know I don't have an electric chair in there. How romantic being electrified by a friend ! BTW did you both scream and people got almost a heart attack ?

RennyBA said...

It must have been something in the air - something electrifying :-)

Btw: Thanks for your visit and nice comments! I guess you'll see more pics at TorAA's today.

jellyhead said...

Tee hee! Don't fret, I don't think the spark means anything romantic!

This has been happening to me at work lately - most disconcerting for the poor people who get zapped as I touch their ear ready to peer into it! It seems to help if I touch something else first e.g. my desk or the sink. Except now I worry that all my patients will think I'm eccentric - randomly fondling furniture.

Walker said...

Ha Ha Ha
Shocking as it might have been I don't think it is but I am up here and you are down there so who knows maybe LOL

Meow (aka Connie) said...

I go through stages where everything I touch zaps me ... particularly my car ... ouch. I've gotta say, the cat isn't too impressed when it is her that gets zapped when I go to pat her ... LOL.

Take care, Meow

Lee said...

That's never happened to me...I mustn't be electrically-charged...I probably run on batteries! ;)

It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

They say or I have heard that we are made up of electrical charges so I guess this proves it. Your picture on this post...Is it Jane? Just wondering. Sandy